Thursday, November 18, 2010

Me Again....Month of October Updates!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy....October was a whirlwind of a month!  I mean WHIRLWIND my chickys!

October 1st started it off with a bangitty bang!  My friend Amy threw a birthday party for her hubby...



Me with the birthday boy!


Random group shot....
 


 Then....DUM, DUM, DUMMMMM.....

TEXAS/OU GAME!!!

Alex and I took our boys (Locksley & Achilles) to State & Allen Lounge for lunch and to watch the game....


Lox taking a little nap in the shade....of course, wearing his UT jersey...

With my Main Man....

All decked out in my Longhorn gear....

After lunch, we walked the "boys" back home and headed over to TABC to watch the rest of the game and hang out....While there, we ended up meeting some really nice people and hung out with them the rest of the night....


Some of our new buds...Austin and Jeremy


Our future's so bright....


It ended up being a pretty crazy and fun night.....even though Texas lost... :(

The next day, Austin (one of the guys we met) called and asked me to go to Atlanta with him the next weekend for the Braves game! Pretty exciting stuff....I said "yes"...Why not after all??

Later that week, my parents and I went to the State Fair of Texas!!!  We tooks lots of pics, but they were all on my mom's camera and I don't think she's downloaded them yet.....Needless to say, we stuffed our faces with corny dogs, fries, nachos, cinnamon rolls, cotton candy, ice cream, deep fried frito pie (yep...lol) and probably a few other things....ugh..I feel sick just thinking about all of the calories we ingested that day....

That night, a big group of us went out to celebrate Bel's birthday!  Dinner at Gloria's, then dancing at Kismet!  Very fun night of shenanigans...

That weekend...Austin and I were heading to Atlanta!!!  We had a blast...



The next day...we headed out to Turner Field to cheer the Braves on!





After the game, we headed to Buckhead for a late dinner and drinks....


It was my first time to visit Atlanta and we both had a great time!

It was a very exciting time in Dallas, because our wonderful Texas Rangers were kickin' butt and taking names...So, we always gathered to watch the games....




They just opened up a new sports bar a block from my apartment, and it's the "Place to Be"....whatever that means!  LOL


RANGERS IN THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!  (the place was roaring with applause!)

With Halloween quickly approaching, there were many parties to attend and costumes to prepare!
The first party was at a friend's apartment, and I dressed as Raggedy Ann....




Rockin' the Mario 'stache!


The next morning, my parents and I walked in the Undy 5000...This walk/run benefits colon cancer research, which my mom fought and WON many years ago...So, this cause is a very important one to us!


That night, it was REAL party time!  My friends and I went to a HUGE costume party and there were some amazing costumes!

I was a sailor girl....



Fun, fun....this chick's Avatar costume was rockin'!!!


Dancing, dancing...



Interesting....


Rubik's Cube...LOVE!

Alex and Matt dancing to "Thriller"....

The next day...Locksley got a chance to show off HIS costume at the West Village Dog Trot & Treats!  There were sooo many puppies in cute costumes!  They had all kinds of vendors out with dog treats, free photos, etc...And, they had a costume contest, but I didn't make it in time to enter Lox (he's still pretty mad at me about this)

Ok...how CUTE is he????!!!


Yep...my little Sailor Pup!  LOL!  Everyone just ADORED him and he made lots of puppy buddies....

Here we are together wearing our Sailor costumes...


Now, for some random Lox photos...




That pretty much covers the main things....It was a busy, busy month! 

1 comment:

vera said...

Hey there stranger! You know.... November's half over LOL! Pop over and check out my big news on the blog ;)