Saturday, March 21, 2009

All this for nothing???!!!

All is quiet................the house is dark and still..............it's only 5 a.m., but I can't seem to fall back asleep...............I finally doze off and almost as suddenly, the alarm goes off to tell me that it's 7:20 and TIME TO GET UP FOR AN ADVENTURE!!!!

I hurl myself out of bed....throw on the jeans that I had carelessly thrown over the side of my laundry basket, pull a sweatshirt over my messy ponytail and brush my teeth free of yucky "morning breath".

The sun is barely peeking its' head out at this point and I stop by my coffee shop for a latte.....(large, non-fat, vanilla latte, of course...) Then....I make my way to the "Adventure of the Day"

I slowly make my way around the corner, awaiting a madness that has my stomach twisting and turning, but full of giddy butterflies at the same time. As I turn and pull into the parking lot...I quickly realize that my anticipation was completely unnecessary. I'm not sure whether I should feel victorious or a little irked.....

I'm sure by now, you are wondering.."What in the WORLD is this girl talking about?!!"

Well, my friends.....this morning.....when 8 am hit the clock.......Target would be opening their doors.........and I would be.......buying.........

THE TWILIGHT DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I am one of those "obsessed" people that is in love with the Twilight series.....you're looking at me differently now, aren't you??? Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later......

ANYWAY...back to my story......I was under the impression that I would be sitting there with hundreds of other Twilight fans (mostly tweens) fighting for my very own copy of the dvd....maybe some hair pulling, sticking tongues out...just the usual......But...nothing. They opened the doors right at 8....I walked in (not getting trampled or even slightly nudged) and there was a display set up by the registers where I softly grabbed my reward......very anticlimactic.....kind of a let down......

So, I decided...since I was already at Target....I would take advantage of the fact that there were only 3 other people in the store.....so, I went ahead and grabbed a basket and did some shopping....HAHAHA......why not, right? Of course, the whole time I was shopping.....I closely guarded my dvds in the basket and made sure they didn't get out of my sight! LOL.. :)

Well, that's it folks.....no BIG adventure......no SUPER HUMAN stunts.....no hair pulling....

10 comments:

Emily said...

Funny! I'm a completely obsessed Twilight fan too who also just blogged about the DVD release! lol. I know...I preordered my copy months ago and was a little disappointed to hear that people were just walking in and calmly purchasing one without any difficulty too! This is my first time visiting your blog, but now that I know you're crazy about Twilight too, I'll be back! =)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog. I know nothing of this Twilight business, so I don't know what that says about me. ; )

I'm trying to make yoga a regular part of my life. I've just got to find how & when to fit it in with the kiddos.

Corie said...

I am slowly becoming another Twilight fan... later than most, I know. I don't know why I didn't want to read the books, but a friend lent the first one to me and I was hooked. Finished it in two days and I just started New Moon.

So, how was the movie? Have you watched it yet?

Oh, I found you through the Ultimate Blog Party...
Hope you are enjoying the party!

Anonymous said...

Bwahahaha!!! That's super funny :D I, unfortunately, am still holed up in bed waiting for my copy to arrive via mail. Good thing I'm too sick to care or I'd be chomping voraciously at the bit waiting for my extended 2 disc special edition!! Enjoy...although I'm sure you already have.

I still think the cheerleading outfit would have been awesome...especially with no one there but the 3 other shoppers to enjoy it. Would have made it that much better!! :)

Anonymous said...

That's great! Just the laugh I needed this morning! I have a little something for you over at my blog! Your new bloggy friend, Heather

vera said...

Ha ha I love this post! I know way too many Twilight addicted people... I guess eventually I'll have to check one of the books out :)

MoodyMommy said...

I was there with you dear!!! I am a Twilight FEEN!!

TheAtticGirl said...

Stopping by on the Blog Party Trail. Have a great day!

Tracy said...

i got sucked into the twilight world too and read them in an insane amount of time!! i quickly got labeled a "twi-mom" and i must say, i'm proud of it!! it was a great series!!

Angi said...

IN our area - Walmart started selling it at 12:01. Not a huge fan myself - it was OK, not sure what all the hype was about. Enjoying your blog though.