Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th Weekend....(I'm worn OUT!)

Happy 4th of July to everyone (a day late...sorry)...it's been a CRAZY weekend!

For me, it all started around 2 p.m. on Thursday afternoon....I'm sitting at my desk working...(a.k.a. looking up recipes for desserts, updating facebook and reading blogs) and my boss walks back in from lunch, pauses a moment and says, "What are you still doing here, Summer....go on home and start your weekend!" (can I just say, once again, how much I LOVE my job and the people I work with?!)

*Disclaimer: A normal day for me does not include recipe searches, blogging and facebook. But, it was a slow day with nothing to do....so....*

2 P.M. - START MY 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND

I get home...I lay on my couch...I fall asleep...LOL!

My phone rings about an hour later...and my "special someone" will be arriving shortly to take me out....tehehehe....So, I better get myself presentable and beautified...

He arrives and we make a shopping trip to Central Market...

~For those of you who have never had the "Central Market Shopping Experience", I would highly recommend it, if you have one in your area. Being that I did go to culinary school, I especially have fun...but, WOWEE WOW...it's SO much fun!!!~

We pick out some fruit, cheeses, bread, crackers, smoked salmon, etc...and have a little indoor picnic at my place. It was really adorable and romantic...hehe...

Umm...have I mentioned how absolutely wonderful my guy is???

What??!

What's that, you say?!

I didn't tell you about him?!

I know...I know...but, for now...just know that he is a true gentleman that is kind, honest, hard-working, tender, sincere, funny, smart, strong (in mind, spirit and body) and adores me as much as I adore him..... :) I'm one happy little girl...

7 P.M., JULY 3RD - A group of us go to watch a HUGE fireworks display. Great food, great friends, great fireworks and LOTS of laughter! (pictures to be posted later...)

12 P.M., JULY 4TH - "Meet the Parents Day" - First, I went to his parents house to celebrate the day, and LOVED meeting everyone there! They were all so welcoming and kind...and I just felt "at home". Truly wonderful! (pictures to be posted later...)

4 P.M., JULY 4TH - We arrive at my parents house to celebrate and eat.


Me-Ma, me, Mike and Dad-dad...


Yummy shrimp...


Nothing like a good ribeye...


Gotta have baked potatoes and sauteed mushrooms...


And, of course, banana pudding!!!


Out by the pond relaxing...








There were ants in my chair...so, he got them out... ;)



Mike and me...


Fire hazard!!!


Such a jokester...



Uh-oh....good thing we've got a fireman around!!! hehe



Those darn rose bushes behind me kept freaking me out!

3 comments:

Melody said...

What cute pictures and sounds like you have a good man! Meeting the parents, huh? Glad it all went well!

Melissa said...

just came acroos your blog..
i recently moved to the dallas area with my hubby. he is starting ministry school in the fall. i was wondering what church you go to? we are trying to find a new good home church and it's hard!
love your blog and colors!

Erin said...

Awww, you guys are so cute!! :) Happy, happy, happy! Glad you had a fun weekend.