Sunday, December 14, 2008

Refreshed, Renewed......Forgiven......

This is such a glorious and happy day for me......

I WAS BAPTIZED THIS MORNING AT CHURCH!!!

I was surrounded by the love of my family and friends who came out and supported me....what a wonderful feeling to share something this magnificent with people you love and care about.

This is my second baptism.......I was first baptized at the age of 12, while in middle school. Although I knew the meaning, I didn't fully understand what I was doing. So, now that I truly and deeply feel that love that Jesus has for me and understand how amazing it is that he died for my sins.....I wanted to proclaim it to the world!

I am filled with such joy and love......

My church is not a "traditional" church....so, they do not have the baptism during the service, but rather after the service. And, they use a large wooden bathtub-thingy to perform the baptism. I wore a black long sleeve shirt and jeans (again...very different from when I wore robes at my first baptism)

Now, to give you a little back-story here.....Yesterday (Saturday), I spent the day over at my parent's house helping them decorate for Christmas, put the tree up, hang garland, etc, etc.....And, I must've gone up their stairs at least 20 or 30 times. At one point, I was huffing and puffing so hard that I felt like I just finished sprinting..haha...I am OUT of shape! (so much for that yoga commitment...phff..) I was lifting this, and lifting that....and at one point, my dad said,"Summer...you're gonna be sore tomorrow.." You know..in that fatherly type of voice that you roll your eyes at, but you know he's right....haha...

So...we made the joke that hopefully, they would get the water extra hot in the "baptismal bath" and let me soak a little longer to work on those aches and pains....LOL! Yes, yes....we're a family of jokesters...... :)

I digress....

It was a beautiful day.....I feel renewed and restored in my faith....and all without my mascara running... :)

No comments: