Friday, November 20, 2009

My Love Affair.....with New Moon (no spoilers)

Thursday, November 19 (morning): IT'S HERE! THE DAY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED! YIPPEE!

(noon): Sheesh...will this day EVER be over so I can leave work and get to the movie?!

(12:01 p.m.): WHAT?! It's only been ONE minute since I looked at the clock?! {patience Summer...patience}

(3:30 p.m.): Alright...I'm outta here! I just can't take it any longer!

(7:30 p.m.): Arrive at mall (where theatre is located) to do a little shopping before meeting my friends at a restaurant around 9ish.

WHOA NELLY! There's already a LINE?!!!! Umm...do I get in line? They won't be here until later....oh goodness...what to do, what to do? I want good seats....can I really sit here for nearly 5 hours waiting...sitting on hard, cold concrete??

.........Yes....Yes, I can.....For Edward, I can endure ANYTHING!!!!

So, here I am...at 7:45 p.m....already in line for a movie that won't start until 12:30 a.m. Umm...how do I keep from getting bored? Ugh...should have thought about this beforehand...Well, at least there's some VERY INTERESTING people watching. (do these kids look in a mirror before leaving their house? honestly...)

(8:45 p.m.): What is WITH all of these screaming tweeners?! I'm getting a twitch from all the high pitched squeals! Seriously little girls! Is that REALLY necessary?! Mr. Pattinson is NOT here...neither is Taylor....so, what is with the yelping??!!

(10:30 p.m.): First friend finally arrives! Hooray!!! A buddy! OOOH...and she brought me Starbucks!!! Alright, friend...you're forgiven for being so late.

(11:00 p.m.): Second friend arrives! Yippee! Now, we're all here and can get all giddy!

By this time, I am having to shift about every 30 seconds because my bottom hurts, my feet are cramping up...my back is aching...(I think I'm too old for this)

(12:15 a.m.): THEY'RE LETTING US IN!!!!! (ahh...more screaming...lovely)

We push and shove carefully make our way to the theatre, and find PERFECT seats! Ahhhh...comfy, plush theatre seats....

NEW MOON BEGINS!!!!!


I won't spoil anything for those of you who haven't seen it yet...but, I WILL say that I was very pleased with the movie and thought it followed the book REALLY well!

Was is worth waiting in line for 5 hours around annoying innocent teens and tweens?

That would be a big...

YES!

6 comments:

Wendy Morris said...

I can't wait to see it this weekend. So glad to hear it is worth the wait! Happy Friday!

Erin said...

you are hilarious! i have to wait until december 1 to see it as we are in the middle of craziness with our house right now. guess there probably won't be line ups then, lol :)

lsnellings said...

I cannot believe you waited in line for 5 hours!! I am going on Wednesday so hopefully it will have dies down a little by then!
Did you see Edward on Ellen today. OMG, he is soooo HOT!

Emily said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! (I'm so screaming and jumping up and down like a 13 year old girl in my head right now!)
I am going to see it tomorrow! And already have plans to see it 3 more times after that! :) I am totally Team Edward, but don't think I would ever get tired of looking at either of them!

Molly said...

You girls and your new moon. I don't even know what to comment anymore. :)

Joyeful said...

So, I feel like kind of a loser because I haven't even seen the first one!! No kidding. I really need to catch up, huh?