Monday, March 2, 2009

Dallas "Nightlife"......and why I am usually in bed by 9....

Let me first start off by quoting George Bernard Shaw....

"Youth is wasted on the young"

I find that phrase oddly fitting lately. Yes, I know I'm still in my 20's, but my body is quick to remind me sometimes that I'm not getting any younger. I find that the simple and routine tasks that used to be completely effortless now take much more of my energy and exertion. This perplexes me and also motivates me in many ways....


Last Friday night, my friend Tracey and I went out to a party at the W Hotel. We didn't get there until around 10 (which is usually my bedtime) and I was already in need of caffeine...haha. We ended up going to Ghost Bar and (although that place is lame and WAAY overrated)..we had a blast together.....as we ALWAYS do. The next morning, I was SOOOO exhausted....a night of dancing and schmoozing just plain tuckered me out! I just don't know how I used to go out almost every night of the week while in college....unfathomable to me now.....one night is PUUUULENTY!

So...to all the "old" guys and gals out there......MORE POWER TO YA!! I feel your pain.....

No comments: