Thursday, May 21, 2009

Calmness...

Lord, please give me the strength to keep my cool and turn the other cheek. There may be times where I can easily say something (that may be exactly CORRECT), but it will only cause hurt and will not end up helping any situation. Allow me to hold my tongue and remember to constantly project Your loving kindness to others....whether they deserve it or not (this is the key!). I should not ONLY show love and kindness to those who have shown it to me....but, I should give this willingly to every single person I come into contact with.

Please help me to live a life worthy of Your love. Please help me to live my life exuding Your word and hopefully draw people to a life devoted to You. I know that I make mistakes and slip up from time to time, but You are always there to pick me up and renew me with Your unconditional and irrational love.

Thank you, Lord, for giving up your only son, so that I may have You as my best friend and confidante. It is in His name that I pray. Amen.

3 comments:

TheAtticGirl said...

Beautifully said! Amen!

Emily said...

Wonderful prayer....

Kelly said...

Beautiful prayer!