Friday, March 12, 2010

THIS MEANS WAR!!!

Ok, so I think I'm pretty safe writing about work and work-related issues here on my blog...and I REALLY need to vent right now! (if anyone I work with is reading this....it's not about you.  And, if it is about you...TAKE A HINT FOOL!)

So, we're having a mini-war at work right now.  Let me give you the short story....

I work in the "Executive Wing" in my office....The offices of the CEO, CFO, COO and CLO are in this wing.  For obvious reasons, this area should remain relatively quiet and professional.  They have many meetings which can be quite important for the company.  For the past 5 or 6 months, it has become a growing problem that certain people would traipse through this hallway talking VERY loudly, cursing...Pretty much just showing no respect for anyone who happens to be working. {ahem...ME!}

So, after discussing this issue with the people working in this hallway, they decided to de-activate the key cards for people below VP level.  This would keep the "disrepectful people" out of this hallway....for the most part.

WELL....let me just tell you.....That didn't go over so well with these people who feel entitled to whatever they want (everyone in the company abhors this entire group of people...they're all smug, self-righteous jerk faces)  But...let me tell you how I really feel!  LOL!

Needless to say, those of us in this hallway are fighting tooth and nail to keep them OUT!  We'll see what happens, but we're not going down without a fight.....

WHEW!  I feel a little better after venting that.....

So...anyone out there have to work with people that make you want to stick sharpened pencils in your open eyeballs?  Or, is it just me?

6 comments:

Summer said...

I just laughed right out loud girly! When I was going to school to become a Paralegal I worked at a chemical plant as an Administrative Assistant to the H/R Director! This was a pretty private wing because obviously it had lots of important personal subjects, meetings, etc.!

Alot of the men that worked in the plant would try to hang out in the hallway to see if they could hear anything to try to gossip about! It would drive me CRAZY! I would shut the door, then they would crack it open.....this went on for awhile and then Ah Ha....I won and they put a security lock that was only opened by card key in H/R....
I was like nener nener nener....Hahahahaha.....

So I know exactly how you feel about wanting to stick a pencil in your eyeball LOL....

Put your boxing gloves on and prepare for battle my friend....

Us Summer's must think alike....

Summer ;0)

Summer Athena said...

is it bad that i am laughing...hopefully with you?

yes, we all work with morons. ugh.

Kristen said...

Ugh... I used to work with people like that. So sorry you have to deal with these idiots...

But, it's Friday!! So luckily for you, you don't have to think about any of this for 2 whole days!! Woo hoo!!

vera said...

Yep. I'm pretty much over my job situation at the moment - and I haven't even returned to work yet. So, I feel your pain. Hope things get better and you win!!

Kelly said...

Oh girl I'm so sorry! Hope it gets better soon!!

Aron said...

yikes, sounds horrible!