Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Two Thousand Eleven.....or, is it Twenty Eleven???

I'm still sort of in shock that we are in the year 2011....it just seems so "futuristic" to me.  I feel like we should have flying cars and be able to push a button to teleport wherever we want to go...but, alas....we're still stuck driving on the road...and sitting in traffic.  Boo.

So, January has been pretty busy with friends and stuff...just the usual outings....LOTS of movies, brunches, happy hours and dinners....I love my friends.

For fun, my friend Eric decided to have a chili cook off at his place a few weekends ago...and asked if I wanted to compete.  Umm...lemme think.....HECK YES!  BRING IT!

Let me sum it up this way....with a pic...


Yep...that's me being crowned as the WINNER!!!!  (I, umm...may have brought the crown myself...from home...)  But, I just KNEW I was going to win, so I had to be prepared...hehe


Gosh, I can't even remember all of the movies I've seen in the past few months.....True Grit, The Fighter, etc, etc....Love them ALL! 

I've had several more birthday parties for friends....great dinners and good times as always....(although the dinners/drinks are not only taking away from my pocketbook, but ADDING to my waistline...EEK!)  So, I started a "cleanse" last Saturday.  It's a 7-day vitamin thingy that's supposed to jump-start your body and clean out your organs, blood, and everything in between.  We'll see....

Oh, and for those of you wondering how my sweet baby Lox is doing...................

He is 10 months old TODAY!!!!  I think I'll dedicate an entire post to him....

Peace Out.

No comments: