Sunday, October 19, 2008

NKOTB

So...for all of you out there wondering what "NKOTB" stands for.....that's right...you got it...

NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!!!!!

I had the absolute privilege of attending their concert last night with my momma and let me just say.....that, after 15 years in hiding.....THEY STILL ROCK THE HIZZY!



This is how I remember my boys years ago.....ahhh....



And, of course....Joey...my one and only true love (or so I thought at the age of 9)



I made sure to kiss Joey every night before I went to bed.....somehow, I just knew that he could sense my smooches and would come looking for me....and sweep me off my feet and marry me.....I had it all planned out....

My family and I would move to Boston and I would finish up elementary school there to be near him and his family....When he toured, I would get a tutor to come on the road with me (along with my parents, of course) When he had breaks from his music, he would join me and my She-Ra lunch box for some munchin' and talking...and probably kiss me on the cheek when nobody was looking!!! Then, when I turned 18, we would get married and live happily ever after.....



What? Is that not how it works?????


I put all the pieces together and it seemed pretty darn clear to me.....




NEW KIDS RULE!!!

3 comments:

rocketbird said...

In the pic of the NKOTB shrine in your old room -- love the jeans!!

I still have my Joey t-shirt. It's in my laundry room, as a matter of fact. And my sheets are somewhere...

Julie 'Thornton' Franklin said...

LOl! Is that you with a perm? Oh the early 90's!
It should be OKOTB....Old Kids On The Block.
About 7 years ago I was at Atlantis on a Suzuki thing with George, and Joey was there at the same time. We hung out one night with some other people. I didn't even know it was him until another girl told me. Kinda weird. I wasn't a huge fan like...ehem...Summer. Wish it was you insted of me.

Summer said...

Man, Jules...I wish it was me TOO!! That would have been so AWESOME to hang out with Joey!!! Lucky girl!!