Monday, November 10, 2008

Cold Weather Blues.....

(imagine you're in a blues bar...)

Da da da da dum
Had to stay late at work...
Da da da da dum
Ain't got no perks...
Da da da da dum
Gonna storm hard outside
Da da da da dum
TAKIN' IT ALL IN STRIDE!........(harmonica starts up at this point...hehe)

Ok....somebody out there......CHEER ME UP!!!

Man, oh man....I'm feeling bummed out today! Like crazy! I stayed at work late (only until 5:45....you would think I was there til 8...hehe)...but, it was dark by 5:30. Going home in the dark....kind of depressing. Perhaps, it's because I have to come home to this HUGE apartment and be all by myself...............ok, my apartment is less than 600 square feet...but STILL!! :)

I think it's just the "Cold Weather Blues".......anybody out there get those?? The weather is changing, it's getting darker earlier.....it all just adds up to some "blah" feelings.

Really, what I think I need is to dive into this book that I just started. It's AWESOME!!! It's called "Feeding Your Appetite" by Stephen Arterburn. It's about taking control of your life by knowing what God intends for your life and discovering the purpose for your "appetites"....whether it be money, food, power, sex, etc......It's about fulfillment of those hungers through the Lord. VERY excited about it......

Ok, I'm already starting to feel better......haha......

Da da da da dum
Through the thunder and bright lights
Da da da da dum
I can see God's might
Da da da da dum
Not feelin' so low
Da da da da dum
CAUSE I'M FILLED WITH THE LORD'S GLOW!!!!

Ooooh...oooh.....I got the Cold Weatherrrrrrrrr Bluuuuuuuuuuues......

No comments: