Monday, November 17, 2008

The holidays are upon us!!!!!

This is my FAVORITE time of year!!!! I just love the cold weather moving in.....the smell of fireplaces.....football.....lots of great home-cooked food....and spending time with family and friends!!!

When my parents and I were planning our Thanksgiving dinner menu a few weekends ago, I couldn't help but laugh.......This year, it will just be me, my mom, my dad, my me-ma and dad-dad and hopefully a few friends....but, the rest of the family will be at Disney World with their kiddos. So, we were planning out a menu for around 6 people.....

We start out, of course, with desserts..........WHAT? You don't start planning the desserts first?? We decide that OF COURSE...we have to have pumpkin pie and pecan pie....then, we should probably have some sort of chocolate dessert...and perhaps a pudding....OH..then, I get the great idea that I should make a yummy apple pie! Ok...so, there's some desserts...

Then, we switch to the main course (don't ask our method...just accept and adore it..haha) Turkey...duh.....Ham...duh......We figure that's good enough......then, of course, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, fresh green beans, dad's FAMOUS cornbread dressing and creamed corn.

We always have a veggie tray to munch on.....and we also decided to make some yummy bacon-wrapped water chestnut appetizers......OH...and we will have fresh yeasty rolls!!! mmmmm....

Yep....that's all for just 5 or 6 peeps....................LOLOL!

So, if you're in the vicinity....and want some food....PLEASE STOP BY....FOR THE LOVE OF MY WAISTLINE....PLEASE!!!!

No comments: