Saturday, November 1, 2008

Undy 5000

So, today, I ran in the first EVER Undy 5000 5k......benefitting and raising awareness for colon cancer. This cause is especially near and dear to my heart because my mom (aka...the most AMAZING woman in the world) was diagnosed with Colorectal cancer when I was 12 years old. She fought through radiation and chemotherapy..........lost all her hair.......was always sick.....and yet....always positive.....

AND WON!!!

I hope...someday....I can be half as strong as she is......I admire her more than she realizes....




There were not that many people out there for this "First Annual" run....but, I hope that next year, we get LOTS of supporters!!!!



I JUST couldn't help myself from taking this picture.....How hilarious is THIS!!!???



LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE!!!!!!!!!!



I love you mom.........

No comments: