Friday, October 16, 2009

Howdy Folks!

It's that time of year again! The State Fair of Texas has come!!! YIPPEE! I always get giddy when it's "Fair-time"...I look forward to it year round with sheer anticipation! Not sure if you knew, but our state fair is the largest state fair in the United States (measured by attendance!!) Pretty cool, huh?

Every year, they concoct new "fried" foods...and this year was no exception. Here are a few of the new foods they introduced this year:

*Fried butter (yep, you heard that right...fried butter...haha)
*Deep fried peanuts
*Deep fried pizza (this one sort of makes me giggle)
*Chocolate jalapeno
*Fried apple and peanut butter on a stick...this one, I actually tried and let me tell you....YUMMMMMMY!

Here I am enjoying this tasty treat...



You've got a large wedge of apple, wrapped in peanut butter, deep fried, then dusted with powdered sugar and drizzled with caramel....mmmm...my mouth is watering just thinking about how delectable it was......

Of course, we had to visit with Big Tex and get our picture with him...




My sweet mom and pops....



And, then...they start getting goofy (and this was early in the day...haha)



Yes...I'm posing by the mammoth...WHAT?! You would do it too....




Showing off my Elvis purse next to an Elvis doll...



I love my daddy...




This was actually called the "Baby Corral"....so, umm..yeah...do people actually leave their babies here? Like, Really?! ...interesting...



Me and my beautiful momma...




Ahhhh....the Midway....where all the fun happens....




It's a tradition that every year, dad and I ride this silly haunted house ride. Seriously...it's darn silly...but, HEY...Tradition IS Tradition!!!







And, of course...me and mom had to ride OUR traditional ride...the wonderful swings!!!



I always feel like I'm flying....



I could seriously ride this one over and over and over...







For those of you who don't know...our ferris wheel is GINORMOUS!!! It is the biggest ferris wheel in the nation! Everything is bigger in Texas!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

How fun!!! I've never been to a state fair before (just the county fair). Those rides look so fun and the food sounds amazing! :)
Have a great day!