Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's "GO" time!

Alright...that's IT! I have said too many times that I'm going to lose this weight....I've promised myself over and over again, made pathetic attempts to eat healthier, worked out a few days at a time....

Well, it's time to stop just SAYING that I'm going to do it and actually DO IT!

Nothing in my closet fits me anymore and I'm sick of it!

So...officially...starting today...I begin.....

"Operation Skinny Summer"

My strategy is simple......eat less, eat healthier and work out. Seems almost too easy.....but, for me, this will begin working immediately. I have a petite frame, and when I actually eat healthy and work out, my body sheds pounds fast! It's just that I don't EVER work out (and I mean EVER!) and I eat horribly! So, my poor little body never has a chance!

But, all that changes now....I'm not just doing this to fit into my size 2's again...but, I need to get and STAY healthy for the rest of my life. With my family's heredity peeking its' ugly head around the corner, there are no guarantees on health. So, I will do what I can to hold off whatever ailments are lurking over the bend.

I do not, at this time, own a scale.....So, my first plan of action is to go out and purchase a scale. To say that I am scared to step on it is an understatement. I have NO idea what I weigh right now. {tremble}

I have 12 more days to use my yoga membership (finally cancelled it...just too expensive right now) and then, starting June 15th, I begin "Camp Gladiator", a fitness boot camp started by Ally Davidson who won American Gladiator! I am stoked to start this intense workout plan and look forward to getting my tooshie toned and taut!

So, I will keep everyone posted with up-to-the-minute progress...beginning with my initial "weigh-in"...{shriiiiek}

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Good for you, I hope you can do it!!

Emily said...

Good for you! You can do it! I worked my butt off after my babies to get back in shape and while it was tough it was so worth it! The first three weeks are the hardest and then it's just another part of your routine! you go girl!

Lisa said...

Hey Summer - Thanks for stopping by my site and leaving such sweet comments! You made my day although I'm sorry to hear about all the extra money you're spending. ;)

Good luck with the weight loss plan. I need to do that, too. One of these days. :)

Kelly said...

Good for you!!! You CAN do it!! I know it's tough to get into the routine, but stick with it and you'll be thrilled with the results! :)

Molly said...

You look fabulous! We are working hard to get back into shape. We gained weight together when I was pregnant. Hehe. We are doing P90X and I love it! Good luck to you!

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Kick some butt! ;) You'll do it, I know you will!